Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Catching Up

Well, it has certainly been a long time since I've been on here! I can never bring myself to journal (pen and paper? No thanks) and since I'm on the computer a lot, I'd figure I would try to get into a better habit of blogging. More for myself than for others, because honestly, who's gonna read this? Anyway, I'm now 17 years old, a senior in high school and I cannot wait until I get out of this Texas heck-hole for college. Speaking of college, Music Education is my current major with a minor in I don't know what. Maybe french? I hope to attend the University of Wyoming, my mom's alum, but I have to apply to BYU, as per my dad's alum and typical Mormon-ness. I just got back from the University of North Texas for my fourth and final year at All-State choir camp. I absolutely love going and this year I had the chance to meet Dr. David Childs, the amazing New Zealand born conductor/composer/person ever. Seriously. I was fangirling hard core. Last year I had the awesome life changing opportunity to make it into the Texas All-State Women's choir. Words cannot express how grateful I was just to make it in, let alone the memories I made there. It was incredible. I am still my wards chorister at church, and the Laurel class president. Not a big fan of my ward but you get what you get right? My school year ended with a boyfriend and a sad goodbye to all my graduating choir family, then the whole boyfriend thing lasted a month and 6 days. I don't know how I'm ever going to figure out picking a guy that'll last long enough to marry... We're still friends and it was good for both of us. Tomorrow, my dad, my sister and I will head off in the wee hours of the morning to travel to Utah for our second year of EFY at BYU-Provo. We'll also get to attend a special Pioneer Day celebration on Saturday at the Conference Center. I've been looking forward to this all summer, and I can't wait to get on the road! Let's just say, my dad is in for a treat, traveling with Sarah and I.  Pizza Hut is still the Hut, glad I have two weeks off for this trip! Let's see how this summer goes!
First time on a plane on the way to San Antonio for All-State! 

Tanner! From EFY at BYU last year 

Mormon Prom (Mopro) date Garrett

Surprise 17th birthday party 

Jeremy, guy from the top picture, also later became my boyfriend, still one of my best friends. Oh, ya that's for his senior prom. 

One month flower arrangement from Jeremy. Absolutely gorgeous, though too much.

Recent selfie with the little brother on the new computer before church.

Ya, my dad is gonna have his hands full with us two. 

Four years at UNT All-State choir camp!

All things David Childs! He's the guy in the middle on my left. Thats my signed shirt and my signed music, composed by Dr. Childs!

Annnnnddd, last day of camp selfie with my sister's best friend Brooke, the two people I had to drive to and from UNT for four days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment